New to Material-UI? It's easy to learn if you know where to start! This guide will help you to get started quickly.
People come to Material-UI from different backgrounds and with different learning styles. Whether you prefer a more theoretical or a practical approach, we hope you’ll find this section helpful. Like any unfamiliar technology, Material-UI does have a learning curve. With practice and some patience, you will soon get the hang of it.
The usage page contains a small Material-UI example with a live editor. Even if you don’t know anything about Material-UI yet, try changing the code and see how it affects the result.
We host some example projects providing the infrastructure needed to develop and deploy websites in React.
We have a selection of basic page layouts to help you get started building your app.
When first learning Material-UI, you might find third-party blog posts, books and video courses more helpful than the official documentation. We maintain a list of commonly recommended resources, some of which are free.
- Meet Material-UI — your new favorite user interface library: a blog post that guides you in building a Todo MVC while covering some important concepts of Material-UI.
- Learn React & Material-UI: a series of videos covering all the important Material-UI components.
- Getting Started With Material-UI For React: a blog post that guides you in building a simple card list.
- Elegant UX in React with Material-UI: a blog post covering some important Material-UI concepts.
- React Material-UI Cookbook: Build modern day application by implementing Material Design principles in React applications using Material-UI.
- 📘 The book
- 📘 The book